We are embarking on a great adventure, one of learning and teaching. We will embrace our new surroundings and grow in a new culture.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

August

Anyoung! How is everyone? With the crazy summer months over, we are still keeping busy!

Life in Seogwipo this summer has FLOWN by! We have enjoyed our time, and we are both really happy. It feel slightly unreal that 9 months have already gone by! I feel like an old-pro in the classes, and I know almost all the students here! I love being so comfortable with this job. We come to school in casual wear, we prep for MAYBE 20 minutes, and we have fun in class. I have been lucky and have had some pretty advanced classes. We've done projects about Narnia, pollution, food and the 5 senses, traveling... and it's interesting for me and for the students! But I've also taught then how to play SPOONS, which is a classroom favorite, go Fish and Thumbs Up 7 Up! What a life!

Since we arrived here things have changed at the school. We have had teachers come and go, but the most fun for us (ok, for me) has been the arrival of little Emma Leman! Our friends from the US had a little baby girl about 5 weeks ago, and she is SOOO wonderful! I remember telling my friend Lara at home about this new little baby, and she rightfully warned me to keep hold of my motherly instincts! and she was right as usual! I just love this little baby. The first time we saw her she was only 2 days old, and since then she has gotten a lot bigger and more active. I was nervous to hold such a tiny baby, but now I've become the regularbabysitter! Last week while babysitting I learned how to make banana muffins with a baby on my hip while trying to bounce her to sleep. One hip on the bowl, one hand stirring! definitely a new adventure. But its great how things here are really baby-friendly, at leastit seems to be. I even changed a diaper on the balcony of our favorite bar/lounge while overlooking the ocean! Not to bad! But don't worry about me, I couldn't handle a baby now,I still want to travel and explore, and do so many things! It's just a whole new thing for us! And Christian is so cute with her!!!?

Ok, enough of the baby! We are looking forward to our 3 months left here, and then off we go on our 6 month adventure through 7 different countries!!! We have most of our flights booked, so thats exciting, but we are doing this trip pretty much spur of the moment. Exciting and scary!
But our time here in Seogwipo will be filled with many things, primarily the visits of both our our parents! I'm so thrilled to be able to share this place with them, there is just so much to see and do!

Anyways, we miss everyone at home, and we can't wait to see you all soon! Less than 1 year! Keep us posted with news from home and send us some pics! I would love to see pictures of all of you! We'll get some updated pics on the blog soon!

Love Karina and Christian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home